Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Taking it one day at a time


Take it one day at a time. These are the words that keep echoing in my head. Here we are, two games into the season, and I’m on the sideline. A torn meniscus last weekend left me unable to play. So I take it day by day, one day at a time. Waiting for my body to heal. Waiting to test my strength, speed, pain tolerance….it’s almost too much. It took me till today to log on to write a post for the blog. I’ve had SO many emotions the past 72 hours. I’ve worked so hard to prepare my body and to prepare my mind for this season, and I’m not alone. We have suffered our fare amount of injuries throughout the year. There isn’t one player on this team that wouldn’t be missed if they were no longer able to play. “Play every down like it’s your last because you never know when that final play will be.” I’m not ready for it to have been my final play. I’m NOT ready for that to have been my final down. I will get back to where I want to be, and continue by taking it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment