Friday, May 28, 2010

Inspiration

Saturday, June 5th is going to be a big night in Iowa Thunder football history. We are taking on the defending WFA Champions, the St. Louis Slam. For many of us on the Thunder this is a game that we’ve been looking forward to since the start of the season. Our goal from day one this year was to earn a berth into the playoffs, which we’ve accomplished. When I look back on the other goals we set as a team, there is one thing that drove me in pre season. There is one thought that made the conditioning, the sore muscles, broken bones, bone chilling temperatures bearable. My determination and strength came knowing that we would get a rematch against the Slam.
The final time we played the Slam last year was much closer than the score indicated. We’ve been working hard as a unit over the past two weeks. I am extremely excited for the upcoming practice week and for our game next Saturday. I was sent a video clip from my old coach on one of my favorite players in the NFL, Brian “Wolverine” Dawkins. I hope you find this video as remarkable and inspirational as I found it to be. A true Christian, Dawkins displays how to play like Goliath, while acting like David.
I hope all of you have a safe and happy Memorial Day. Remember to thank your veterans and those currently serving in our armed forces. It is because of these brave individuals that we enjoy the freedoms we have. May you always be remembered!

God Bless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfK-CRnAcZk

No comments:

Post a Comment